First, I hope you all have had festive, merry, restful and wonderful holidays. Whatever you celebrate, I hope you did just that…celebrate. To the friends and family I haven’t been able to catch up with over the break….please know that I lurve you like play cousins. (Momma D, S, S, S & S, and B, I mean yall).
Second, I got my first ever meme tag. I’m supposed to divulge 6 (sicks) weird things about myself so that you can glean further insight as to my person and personality and haveÂ further reason to judge me without giving me a chance.
Oooh, But first:
I have been in my pajamas for 4 straight days, playing War of the Monsters on PS2 with my nephew. In between: Grad School applications, work, naps, work, calculating days until I hit the road, work. I’m stressed as Hell right now, but happy to be with my family. It is the first year in a loooong time that I’ve been here to celebrate all 7 days of Kwanzaa (or as I like to call it: Fun with Candles and Swahili!).
Speaking of my nephew, he’s 9 going on 50. He wears, get this…a plaid robe, old man slippers, glasses, and uses the phrase “oh but on the contrary”…and I caught him watching Judge Matthis on Friday! I will not be surprised when he walks around the corner with a pipe one day. Really, I won’t.
6 Weird Things:
1. I performed in a rap group for a talent show my freshman year of college. Yes, I know how that sounds, but it was hellla fun.
2. I really, really enjoy washing dishes. It relaxes me and I can zone out and think while doing it. I’ll generally eschew using a dishwasher and do them by hand. I also like to cook, which makes me a great catch for some deserving lovehound out there. BUT, I can’t stand to dry or empty the diswasher.
3. My favoritest snack in all the world is microwave popcorn and diet Pepsi. Yum!
4. I have known since I was about 10 years old that I didn’t actually want to HAVE kids.
5. About once a month I pull a work related all-nighter because it is quiet and I can get a lot done. This freaks people out then they get used to it.
6. I am allergic to raw apples. I think its the pesticides, but my throat gets white spots and itches like hell. Cooked apples…apple sauce, apple strudel, etc…bring it on.
And I do in fact like bacon more than you think! See you in the 007.
*pic courtesy of elemanotees.com
Countdown to Semester at Sea: 29 days